Are you interested in starting a Christian school in Iowa? IACS wants to walk alongside you throughout the journey!
We need more Christian schools in Iowa, and IACS desires to be your partner in making that happen. With decades of experience in Christian education in Iowa, IACS is your go-to resource for starting your school with a firm foundation. Dr. Josh Bowar, our interim outreach director, will personally work with your school each step of the way. Currently serving as Head of School at Sioux Center Christian School, Josh is an experienced Iowa educator and school leader with access to many resources and connections across the state. He is passionate about coaching schools and helping them succeed so they can fulfill the mission God has given them. Josh will customize a learning experience for your school that meets your unique context while sharing best practices universal to all Christian schools.
IACS will walk you through five steps to get your Christian school started:
- Introductory Zoom
- 5 Modules (including checklists, resource packets, and coaching between module sessions)
- Final Zoom
- Accreditation Referral
- Optional Continued Coaching
Sign up for a free, no-pressure introductory call with our outreach division of the organization. During the call, you’ll learn more about the process IACS will walk you through, the resources you’ll have available at your fingertips, and the coaching we will provide. After the call, you’ll choose whether to continue the process.
If you choose to continue the process, you’ll work with our outreach director through five modules. These modules are flexible, intended to be responsive to your needs and timeline, and filled with helpful information.
- Module 1: A Firm Foundation – types of schools, purpose, mission, vision, philosophy, statement of faith, goals, establishment, articles of incorporation, bylaws, governance, and more
- Module 2: Building Up – facilities, fundraising, handbooks, budget, tuition modeling, personnel, hiring, employee benefits, and more
- Module 3: The Core – curriculum, instruction, assessment, technology, behavior plan, professional development, worship opportunities, service opportunities, and more
- Module 4: Adding Details – marketing, media, admissions and enrollment process, playground, schedules and calendar, co-curricular activities, security, communication, and more
- Module 5: Finishing Touches – signage, supplies, trainings, orientation and induction, safety, traditions, and more
Each module begins with a 1-hour Zoom session with our outreach director. Then, you’ll be provided with the slides from each module’s session along with a checklist of what needs to be accomplished. But you won’t be alone! We’ll also provide you with a packet of helpful resources and templates, and you’ll also have access to personalized coaching between modules. We want you to succeed!
After you’ve completed the 5 modules, it’s time to head to the next step. During our final session, we’ll celebrate your accomplishments, talk about accreditation referral options, discuss IACS membership, and show you how we’ll promote your school using IACS communication tools.
Once schools have completed the final Zoom, they can be referred for accreditation. We’ll connect you with a national accrediting partner to get you started strong. We’ll also explain the option of continued support for your school that IACS can provide throughout the accreditation process. We want your school to reach the ultimate goal of accreditation!
Optional Continued Coaching
Once your school becomes accredited, IACS wants to continue to support you! We have options for continued coaching available even after you’ve started your school and become accredited.