What is the Iowa Association of Christian Schools (IACS)?
- Founded in 1976, IACS is a not-for-profit 501(c)4 organization. All board members/officers serve in a volunteer capacity.
- Our mission: “Strengthening, Growing, and Advocating for Christian Schools in Iowa.”
- Our primary function is to represent Christian schools in public policy both by tracking legislation/public policy to provide information to member schools, as well as advocating on behalf of our member schools in the Iowa Legislature. IACS also educates Iowans on the benefits of school choice programs and Christ-centered education, helping build a culture of educational excellence and school choice in Iowa.
- IACS is equipped with the unique ability to assist new and established schools in the areas of school improvement, consulting, professional learning, policy, advocacy, and accreditation preparation – all from an Iowa-specific perspective.
- IACS is the ONLY organization in Iowa serving as the public policy voice for Iowa’s Protestant schools and the only organization that specializes in the unique needs of these schools.
IACS Statement of Faith
We believe that God is the creator of the universe and that God the Creator is also the giver of life. (John 1:1-3)
We believe the Bible is God’s word for mankind for the purpose of revealing who He is. We believe the Scriptures are inerrant and infallible. (2 Timothy 3:16)
We believe in one God in three Persons, consisting of the Father, His Son, and the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 8:6, John 14:17, John 14:26)
We believe Jesus came to mankind as a man yet retained the Divinity of God. We believe He lived a sinless life and was rejected by man and crucified. We believe He resurrected according to the will of the Father and is the Mediator between God and man to make possible eternal life for those who believe. (Colossians 2:9, Matthew 1:23, John 8:58, John 11:25-26, I Peter 1:3)
How will IACS Membership Benefit your School?
Click here to learn more about IACS membership!